Driven by consumer studies, quantitative and qualitative key feeder market research, and Mindset’s One-to-One Stakeholder Brand Audit approach, we discovered that San Antonio represents the “Authentic American Experience.” With deep roots in American history and its embodiment of a transcultural and artistic spirit that reflects San Antonio’s multifaceted personality, our communications strategy focused on the creation of four key brand pillars to bring to life the spirit of the city’s brand: People, Passion, Pride and Promise. This insight is clearly represented in its logo and tagline “Deep. In the heart.”
Since, 2008, “Deep. In the heart.” has bridged an emotional connection between visitors and San Antonio tourism assets with online and social campaigns using targeted microsites that have made the consumer experience rich, educational and memorable.
In addition to digital, experiential, TV, print and out-of-home media vehicles have all been instrumental in carrying the “Deep. In the heart.” message to consumers throughout key feeder markets driving fantastic results.
Research of potential travelers from Mexico showed an overwhelming propensity for shopping as the #1 reason to visit San Antonio.
- Room nights sold in San Antonio grew 25% in 2011. This trajectory has been constant since the inception of the campaign except for 2009 when travel indicators held flat during the strongest part of the economic recession
- More than 7,000 followers on Twitter and growing
- Today, through a comprehensive campaign driven by the “Deep. In the Heart.” strategy, over 100,000 likes on Facebook have been achieved, exceeding marketing goals by 200%
- SACVB database now surpasses 500,000 opt-ins
- Travel guide request through YTD June 2011 versus previous year up 26% for the print version and up 46% for the on-line version
- More travelers are looking for San Antonio online, but most importantly more travelers are finding San Antonio on the web – a 300% increase of people finding visitsanantonio.com
- Signal of intent to travel continues to rise from 170,000 to 350,000 since 2006 – an 83% increase.
At the center of the San Antonio CVB efforts, every single piece of media drove travelers to visit the main website, visitsanantonio.com. In the site’s main page, travelers are greeted with a strong call-to-action to click and request a San Antonio guide. In addition, San Antonio was the first to utilize “Smart Content”— a much more effective way for your website and email promotions to connect potential visitors with what they’re looking for. Smart Content is an innovative solution that allows you to serve the right content and call-to-action to the right person at the right time.